Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Barbara and Ed's Proposal Story


As many of you know, Ed and I got engaged over the Memorial Day weekend. Here's the story:

We had made plans to go to Wildwood, then Cape May for the day a few weeks ago. We woke up early and left and went to the Wildwood boardwalk first to walk around. Just walking up and down the boardwalk, window shopping. There was a craft fair so we looked around there. By that time, Ed suggested we go on some rides at Morey's Pier. We bought tickets and went on the spinning "Tea Cups" first. Ed went crazy spinning the big wheel in the center and I sat there with my eyes closed, praying I wouldn't throw up :) Then afterwards, I suggested a 'slower ride', so we went on the Ferris Wheel. We got on the Ferris wheel and sat across from each other (simple physics). We talked for a little bit, held hands and said mushy couple stuff to each other. Then the ferris wheel stopped when we were very close to the top.....

Ed then said to me, "You know how much I love you, right?", then I said "I love you too". He then took off his sunglasses and reached for my hand and said "I have a question to ask you---" my reply "Are you serious???!!!" "What are you doing for the next 40-50 years of your life?" At this point I was sobbing and my hands were covering my face and I kept saying "Are you serious??!!!". I got it together and he reached in his pocket and pulled out the box with the ring and said "I love you so much. Barbara Euculano will you marry me?" I kept crying and eeked out a yes between sobs :) He put the ring on my finger and told me that the center stone was taken from his mother's ring (she passed away 3 years ago after a 10 year battle from breast cancer). This of course made the ring even more invaluable and I started crying again.

We got off the ferris wheel and Ed made some calls, and I called my parents. They of course knew because Ed had told them and asked for their blessing. Karen, Ed's sister, called me and told that she told her sons (Steve-10 yo and Gabe-4 yo) that morning and they were SO EXCITED because now they can call me 'Aunt Barbara'.

It was a beautiful day and we're both still walking around on Cloud 9. We're so fortunate to have such a loving and supportive family and network of friends :) <3 Thanks again for all your warm wishes and lovely words. We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment